Naples Estate Communities
This is a discussion on the different Naples Florida communities that have the largest and grandest homes in the area. The Naples communities with the largest homes are also the most luxurious, and the most upscale. While Naples has hundreds of condos in excess of 5,000 sq. ft. living space and some over 14,000 sq. ft., this discussion is focused on Naples grand single family homes neighborhoods.
Naples Beach and Bay Estate Home Communities
Estate homes exist in neighborhoods scattered throughout the Naples area, but those in Naples Beach and Bay communities will have the highest values per sq. ft. because of the value of their location.:
- Port Royal and Aqualane Shores – This neighborhood just south of Olde Naples has the highest concentration of estate homes in the Naples area. Not only are there many grand estate homes, the lots they are sitting on are the most expensive in the Naples area.
- Pelican Bay – Pelican Bay single family home neighborhoods have large estate homes. Many of Pelican Bay’s estate home communities are gated, others are not.
There are estate homes throughout the Olde Naples, Moorings and Park Shore neighborhoods, but not to the extent of those listed above.
Estate Homes Away from Beach Areas
As estate homes move away from the beach, the home value per square foot drops. And all the non beach estate home communities have golf courses. Grey Oaks and Mediterra are two of the largest and most sought after non-beach neighborhoods.
Twin Eagles, a golf centered communities located 25 miles north east of Olde Naples would have the most affordable estate homes.
- Grey Oaks – Has the second greatest number of large estate homes in the Naples area. Grey Oaks is a gated golf community in a wonderful central Naples location with 54 holes of golf. Golf membership is optional. New construction available.
- Collier’s Reserve – Small single family gated community in north Naples. All residents are required to be members of the Country Club within.
- Audubon – Gated golf course community in northwest Naples. Borders the Lee County line. Club membership required
- Mediterra – Large gated community in northern Naples. Mediterra straddles the Collier/Lee County borders. 36 holes of golf available. Also beach club access. Mediterra has new construction available.
- Talis Park – Talis Park is Naples newest estate home community. Talis is gated with 18 holes of golf available. Talis Park has new construction available.
- Quail West – Quail West is also on the Collier/Lee County border. Gated with 36 holes of golf available. Quail West has new construction available.
- Quail Creek – Quail Creek was one of Naples original estate home neighborhoods. Built mostly in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Quail Creek has 36 holes of golf available.
- Olde Cypress – Gated single family home community. All owners must either be a social or golf member to the club. 18 holes of golf.
- Twin Eagle – Gated community 5 miles further east from Olde Cypress. Twin Eagle has 36 holes of golf available. Twin Eagle also has new construction available.
- Pine Ridge – Pine Ridge is a large lot neighborhood in central Naples with 400 homes. Mostly built in the late 70s and early 80s. No gates, no golf.
- Pelican Marsh – Large gated community in north Naples, built mostly in the 1990s. Golf available.
- Tiburon – Gated community with the Ritz hotel within. 36 holes of golf available. Tiburon has new construction available.
- Vineyards – Eastern Naples community, with 36 holes of golf available. Vineyards has new construction available.
There are estate homes throughout many other Naples neighborhoods such as Olde Naples, Moorings and Park Shore, but not to the extent of those communities listed above.
Estate Home Price Comparison
The following chart compares the selling price per sq. ft. of several estate home communities for year 2014. The to eight highest selling price per sq. ft. are all neighborhoods that border the Naples beaches or bays. That is because the lot prices drive up the price per sq. ft.
Grey Oaks, a gated golf course community just 2 miles from the beach, will provide a more stately home for less dollars per sq. ft.
Estate Home Selling Prices Per Sq. Ft. Yr. 2014